This is a new opportunity within the organisation to help ensure the lived experience of people receiving care and treatment is used to help shape local health and social care services in Rochdale. The Advisory Group will also be an education portal for insight into the ongoing changes within the health and social care arena of the Rochdale borough. The main focus will be to facilitate the contribution to quality improvements of local services by ensuring the patients’ voice and lived experiences are shared with providers, commissioners, and residents of the Rochdale borough.
Healthwatch Rochdale are interested in receiving applications from people who can represent one of the following special interest groups.
- Health services, including GP Practices and Hospital services
- Mental health
- Children and young people
- Older people
- BAME Communities
- People with a physical or learning disability
- Primary care health services (GP’s, Community Pharmacy, dental and optometry)
- Secondary care health services (hospital)
- Adult social care
- Children’s social care
The main responsibilities as a member of the Healthwatch Rochdale Advisory Group are to:
- Review patient feedback and suggest actions for the emerging key issues
- Review Healthwatch Rochdale’s workplan and delivery
- Support Healthwatch Rochdale in identifying local issues, priorities and concerns
- Attend public meetings and events
- Review all escalation letters and replies from commissioners and providers to discuss any next steps
- Support the team in promoting Healthwatch Rochdale to local residents, the voluntary and community sector and other stakeholder groups
- Identify opportunities for joint working amongst networks
- Develop links and meaningful working relationships with local patient representation groups, PALS, commissioners, governors and LCO
- Represent the views of local people to improve and influence local services
- Report to the Healthwatch Rochdale board on a quarterly basis.
- Advise on HWR’s priority areas
- Advise on the Enter and View programme to monitor quality of local services.
For further information contact Healthwatch Rochdale on 01706 249 575 and ask to speak with Naomi Kenyon, Volunteer & Involvement Officer.