The programme is being implemented following a recent public consultation and feedback received over the previous year. The Enter and View visits will be based on the following eight care home quality indicators developed by independent age. According to the indicators a good care home should:
- Have strong visible management
- Have staff with time and skills to do their jobs
- Have good knowledge of each individual resident and how their needs may be changing
- Offer a varied programme of activities
- Offer quality, choice and flexibility around food and mealtimes
- Ensure residents can regularly see health professionals such as GPs, dentists, opticians or chiropodists.
- Accommodate residents' personal, cultural and lifestyle needs
- Be an open environment where feedback is actively sought and used
Healthwatch Rochdale are currently looking for volunteers to join the Enter and View team. If you are interested in taking part, then please telephone 01706 249 575.