Here are just some of the ways you can get involved as a volunteer
Enter and View Representative
Enter and View representatives go into publicly funded health and social care services such as hospitals, care homes and GP surgeries to observe the delivery of care and find out what people think about the care they receive.
Healthwatch Rochdale are currently running a programme of Enter and Visits in local care homes.
Support the staff team at our Information, Advice and Signposting Surgeries speaking to local people about their experiences of health and care services. You can also lend support at community events that we attend.
What will I be doing?
As a Healthwatch Rochdale volunteer you will be asked to:
• Attend Healthwatch volunteer training
• Listen to patients’ views about the care they receive, and to speak with staff and visitors
• Enter and View representatives will be required to go into health and social care services as part of a small team led by a staff member and observe care being delivered
What personal qualities do I need?
• Good listening skills and confidence to speak to new people
• Ability to write accurate records of people’s experiences of care
• Ability to work well in a team
• Passion for improving local health and social care services
• Respectful of all people from all backgrounds.
What’s in it for me?
• The opportunity to bring about real and positive change in the community
• The opportunity to make sure the views of vulnerable people are heard and acted upon in local health and social care
• Full initial training
• Ongoing support and continuing development and training opportunities
• Experience of working as a team and speaking to a wide variety of people with different needs
• Meeting new people
• Out of pocket expenses paid
• Feel good about yourself and give back to your community.
How much time and when?
The days and amount of time you give are flexible and can take place at different times and on different days.